An easy, tasty and hearty meal is something everyone is always on the lookout for. The ability to enjoy such a meal and have it also be gluten free, is just about perfect. That’s why we’re sharing our gluten-free pork chops with pan sauce and parsley rice recipe. And it is just about perfect.
Pork chops are a perennial favourite that can be enjoyed throughout the week and they are special enough for a Sunday dinner. While the classic is pork chops and apple sauce, this simple yet delicious meal will have you leaving the apples for snack time.
Gluten-Free Pork Chops with Pan Sauce and Parsley Rice:
- 1 tbs oil
- 3 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs salt
- 3/4 tbs pepper
- 1/2 tbs granulated onion
- 1/2 tbs granulated garlic
- 4 pork chops
- 1 Tbs butter
- 3 C minute rice
- 1 3/4 C onion soup base or vegetable stock.
- 3 Tbs parsley paste or 1/4 C chopped parsley
- 1 Tsp corn starch
- 1 Tbs water
- 1/4 C butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Mix your spice rub: salt, pepper, granulated onion, and granulated garlic.
- Heat 1 tbs of oil in your pan.
- Season both sides of all four pork chops.
- Then, sear both sides of pork until brown, 2-3 minutes per aside. You aren’t cooking them through yet. Know that you may need to work in multiple batches depending on the size of your pan and number of pork chops. Don’t overcrowd your pan.
- Once your pork is seared, place in 9×13 glass baking dish – it is okay if they touch or overlap.
- Mince shallot and garlic.
- In the pan you seared the pork in, heat 1 tbs butter.
- Sauté shallots. When shallots are 2/3 cooked, add in the garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Season with a pinch of leftover seasoning mix- if you have it. Or just some salt and pepper.
- Deglaze pan with onion soup mix or vegetable stock- stir well.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes
- Dissolve cornstarch in water in a measuring cup or small bowl.
- Whisk your cornstarch slurry into bubbling sauce.
- Taste and season sauce if necessary.
- When sauce is to your liking pour into glass baking dish over of the pork chops.
- Cover pan with parchment and foil.
- Let cook in oven covered for 10 min.
- Then cook uncovered 10 more minutes or until pork is at least 145°F.
- While pork is cooking make 3 cups of minute rice.
- Once rice is cooked, add in butter, chopped fresh parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Taste and season again if necessary.
- Serve pork with rice topped with sauce.
- You can serve this meal along with your favourite hot vegetable. I made frozen green beans tossed with butter, salt, and pepper. The dish would be great paired with spinach, broccoli, or any mixed vegetable medley.
- I use granulated onion and garlic as I prefer it over the powdery texture of their powdered counterparts. Also, I think the granulated version packs more flavour. You can substitute between the two easily, depending on what you have, on hand.
Our gluten-free pork chops with pan sauce and parsley rice, is a dish you’ll be adding to your regular recipe rotation. This is one of those recipes that will have people thinking you spent a lot more time cooking than you did making dinner. Have you tried this recipe? Do you have any reliable never-fail go-to recipes we should be trying out? Please share your comments with us in the space below.
Stay safe, keep well, and be kind to yourself and others.