The holidays are upon us, and it is time to make our Christmas gift list. Getting something for everyone on your list may seem like a daunting task but we hope our series of gift guides help you find the perfect something for everyone on your list. We are starting with our makeup lover gift guide for the beauty junkies in your life.
One way to reduce the stress of the holidays is by being organized, and completing your task lists early. The more time you save, means more time for holiday fun. There are now holiday apps to get your gift-giving organized and even holiday apps to get you in the holiday spirit. This leaves you with more time to enjoy holiday baking, decorating, or watching Hallmark Christmas movies and playing Hallmark Christmas Movie Bingo (click/tap here for free printable bingo card). A fan favourite!
So don’t fret – we have you covered when it comes to gift-giving. This makeup lover gift guide has a variety of price point items too that can be grouped together in a basket, given on their own, or even added to a stocking. Also, there are many ideas if you aren’t familiar with someone’s makeup preferences too as we included items useful for a barely-there makeup look or a full-on glam face.
Makeup Lover Gift Guide 2021
1) SEPHORA COLLECTION Holiday Vibes – 7 Piece Skincare Essentials Set: This is a set of skin products ranging from sheet masks, stick masks, and hair masks. Also, the set comes in a handy reusable bag that comes in handy long after the masks have gone. Having good skin is vital to your makeup going on smoothly. Applying a facemask before doing your makeup, can be a way to destress and relax. Also, no one ever has enough makeup bags as they are endlessly useful.
2) Charlotte Tilbury Mini Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray Duo: A setting spray is an amazing tool to have in your makeup arsenal. Even if you don’t know what colours or textures someone likes, a setting spray is a great gift to give, because products like these help to extend the longevity of your daily makeup. This setting spray “weightlessly sets makeup for up to 16 hours without melting, fading, or settling into fine lines.” A sure fire winner!
3) SEPHORA COLLECTION Season to Sparkle 8 Piece Makeup Brush Set: No makeup junkie ever has enough makeup brushes. Over time makeup brushes tend to degrade, and we are all guilty of not replacing our brushes. Brushes are a fantastic gift and this set gives you a curated selection that can be the building blocks of a new makeup collection, (for a teen) or added to an existing collection. You get both face and eye brushes, so you can achieve a great eye look and a fantastic contour and they come in a handy carrying case. Plus they are vegan and cruelty-free.
4) The Original MakeUp Eraser Wildflower MakeUp Eraser 7-Day Set: Makeup removing clothes are a category of product we love and they even made 4 of my current favourite beauty products for June 2021. However, this set gives you a cloth for every day of the week so you don’t reuse your clothes, which can become a breeding ground for bacteria. These particular erasers can be machine-washed up to 1000 times, this eliminates the need for cotton pads and other disposable wipes. Using these clothes helps to remove your makeup before cleansing, which amps up your skincare routine. A must have for those wanting to become more green as they replace disposable solutions.
5) KVD Beauty Tattoo Liner Duo Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner Set: This is a great duo as you get both a black and brown liner, these two colours can be used to achieve most looks. This liner was one of our 3 best eyeliners for sensitive eyes and made our Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2021 for a reason. These are amazing liners that are long-lasting and precise.
6) HUDA BEAUTY Nude Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette: HUDA BEAUTY makes amazing eyeshadows, as they blend well and wear/last beautifully. You can’t go wrong with this nude palette, as they are a gorgeous array of mattes, shimmers, and metallics that everyone can wear, day or night.
7) IT Cosmetics Customizable Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream with SPF 50+ SPF: We love the CC+ cream- it made our list of the 2 best CC and BB creams. However, you don’t just get the best CC cream, you also get the “Bye Bye Lines Anti-Aging Serum, formulated with 1.5 percent hyaluronic acid plus peptide and vitamin B5.” This is a win-win, as you are taking care of your skin, while perfecting an already flawless foundation.
8) IT Cosmetics IT Girl Beauty Book Volume 5 Face Palette: This is an especially thoughtful gift for someone on the go or if you want to expand on someone’s existing IT Costmetics collection, or introduce them to IT Cosmetics. We are huge fans of IT Cosmetics. This set includes “eyeshadows, lipsticks, eyeliner, eyebrow powder, concealer, eye foundation, pressed setting powder, bronzer, a blush,” and a mirror in a convenient case. This is perfect for travel, as it has everything you might need. It would also be perfect to take with you if you have a big event like a wedding, graduation etc… as you can touch-up all your makeup on the go.
9) M.A.C Ultimate Trick Mini Lipstick 12-Piece Kit: Given that we’ve been wearing masks a lot for the last two years, you might be surprised that many of our lipsticks have expired- check out our 5 reasons to ditch your lipstick. So this set of gorgeous M.A.C lipsticks is perfect for anyone, as you get a great range of colours that work with any skin tone. This means there is no guessing what colours will look good on the person you are buying for. Plus they can also blend a few of them to get their own individual colour.
10) M.A.C Compact Eyeshadow Palette M.A.C: You can never go wrong with M.A.C eyeshadow palettes. This is a smaller palette that comes in two colour stories, with six shadows in each option. They are both pink-based stories. The cool option is more grey and black, with pink. While the rich option is more vibrant with purple and pinks. Both are beautiful and they are a great mini palette that comes in cool packaging.
11) M.A.C Size Of The Prize Eyeshadow Palette: This is a mega palette of 24 colours including neutrals, pinks, blues, purples, greens, and browns. The Size Of The Prize Eyeshadow Palette makes this a bigger purchase, but it is a show stopper of a gift. As the palette has many colours, you don’t have to worry about buying the right colour to compliment someone’s complexion.
12) Makeup Brush Cleaner Dryer:
Makeup brush cleaner dryers not only thoroughly clean your brushes, but they dry them super fast. Cleaning makeup brushes regularly is not only sanitary and good for your skin, but it also extends the life of your brush. For tips on how to clean your brushes check out our ultimate guide to cleaning your workhorse brushes.
13) LEADSTAR Makeup Brush Cleaning Mat, Silicone Makeup Brush Cleaner Pad, 1 Apple Shaped Large Mat + 1 Round Shaped Mini Mat (Purple): Hand washing your brushes is a great option when travelling with your brushes or for someone who prefers a manual approach to brush maintenance.
14) Burberry The Colour Clash Collection Burberry Runway Eye Palette: A gorgeous set of nine colours that is the “essence of the classic, yet eccentric Burberry look in matte, shimmer and metallic finishes.” This is a great pallet for someone who loves fashion and labels. A Burberry fan will definitely appreciate adding this palette to their collection.
15) Signature Brow Kit ANASTASIA BEVERLY HILLS: Anastasia has long been the gold standard of eyebrows. This kit has everything you could need to design your brows. So, no matter if someone likes a pencil, powder, or gel – it is included. Like all makeup brows are ever-evolving, and this is a great gift to open someone up to a new way to wow with their brows.
16) Smashbox Photo Finish Face + Eye Primer Trio: Primers are a great first step to preparing your skin, so your makeup stays flawless and lasts. The kit includes their signature primer, an eyeshadow primer, and an under-eye primer. These are products that everyone needs, if not for daily use. at the very least for a special occasion or any time you need your makeup to stay perfect.
17) BEST OF E.L.F. KIT: E.L.F may be a more affordable brand, but their Poreless Putty Primer is one product many beauty gurus love. Not only do you get that product, but it comes with a sponge, lip gloss, and a highlight. It is a great gift for anyone of any age as you don’t need to know any of their colour preferences.
18) No Bend Hair Clips: These inexpensive clips hold their hair in place (and off their face) without bending or creasing. Anyone who loves wearing makeup will enjoy being able to put their makeup on without ruining their hair.
19) Lighted Magnifying Mirror: Having a mirror that magnifies and is illumined is essential to being able to be precise in makeup application. It doesn’t matter if their bathroom or counter or vanity has good lighting because this will allow them to achieve a flawless look. Lighted magnifying mirrors come in a range of sizes and price points.
20) FITDON Makeup Sponge Blender Set, 6PCS Latex-free Beauty Foundation Blending Sponges Applicator with Blender Holder, Flawless for Liquid Cream and Powder, multi-colour and Shape: This set has every shape of beauty blender anyone could need. This set gives you 4 large, 2 mini sponges and a sponge holder. It’s a great gift as beauty blenders, like makeup brushes, tend to break down and not be replaced often enough
This makeup lover gift guide has something for everyone and will hopefully make holiday gifting easier regardless if you’re shopping for someone you love or someone you don’t know as well (I’m looking at you, office secret Santa).
Taking time to buy a gift is a way to show people how much they mean to you. If you are really stumped, you can always get them a gift card to their favourite store or beauty retailer/department store. It may seem a little less personal, but if you pair it up with a smaller gift item- it is the best of both worlds.
What do you think of our makeup lover gift guide? What beauty items would you add? Leave us a comment below and let us know. We love hearing from our readers.
Happy holiday shopping 🎁